When we moved here we joined one the the gymnastics places around here. Brooklyn and I do a mommy and me class while Ava does a class on her own. Turns out my girls have a little natural talent in this area. (My blog...I can brag!) Ava was put on a team that has the opportunity to participate in some meets and have a little more challenging practices. They learn routines on the bar, vault, floor and beam and then perform them in front of a judge. They are optional, so I decided to sign Ava up and see how she liked it. At first she was crying and didn't want to participate. Ava's coach (the most wonderful coach EVER!) had me come down and sit with Ava so she wouldn't be scared. After she realized that the meet was nothing harder than what she does in class, she had so much fun. She was the youngest athlete there. I was SO proud of her! After the meet, her coach told us that she did so well that she is going to move to the next level! Way to go Ava!
Sorry about the picture quality. You weren't supposed to use a flash (which I didn't), but I think I was the only mom who followed directions!!!!
This is her on the "vault"
Doing a backward somersault on her floor routine

Doing a handstand on the beam
Ava is so incredibly strong. This is her holding herself up (and legs) on the bar. She can do 3 pull ups in a row on a bar...her coach told me that Ava is the only girl she has who can do that! (Yes I'm bragging again...) Check out her arms!
Doing a handstand on the beam



4 comments:
Gooo Ava!!! Gramdpa and Grandma are very proud of you. Love you.
That is awesome! Way to go Ava. You have a future Olympian on your hands :)
WOW! I am SERIOUSLY impressed! I have always known Ava was a good little gymnast, but these pictures are just awesome!! She has always had that natural talent, even as an active little toddler standing on Rob's hands. She comes from a good gene pool!! Three pull-ups??? That is so completely amazing! I think you have license to WAY brag this one up! (Which you weren't even bragging, by the way. We, as your loyal Ava/Brook/Logan/their parents fans, want to know these details!)
Way to Go!!!! Of course, we knew she had talent way back when at High Sierra Gymnastics. EXCELLENT. I'm so proud of her. Shanna
Post a Comment